Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Blog reflection over the last decade


Today it is exactly ten years ago that I started this blog. As with previous years, I will do a reflection, but this time it will be over the last decade.

What was holding me back


The idea to have my own blog was already there for a long time. I always thought it was an interesting medium. For example, I considered it a good instrument to express my thoughts on the technical work I do, and in particular, I liked having the ability to get feedback.

The main reason why it still took me so long to start was because I never considered it "the right time". For example, I was already close to starting a blog 15 years ago (while I was still early in my studies) when web development was still one of my main technical interests, but still refrained from doing so.

At that time I did some interesting "discoveries" and I had some random ideas I could elaborate about, but these ideas never materialized enough so that I could write a story about it.

Moreover, I also did not feel comfortable enough yet to express myself, because I did not have much writing experience in English. Retrospectively, I learned that there is a never a right time for having a blog, I should just start.

Entering the research domain


A couple of years later, while I was working on my master's thesis, I made the decision to go for a PhD degree, because I was genuinely interested in the research domain of my master's thesis: software deployment, mostly because of my prior experience in industry and building Linux distributions from scratch.

Even before starting my PhD, I already knew that writing is an important component in research -- as a researcher, you have to regularly report about your work by means of research papers that typically need to be anonymously peer reviewed.

In most scientific disciplines, academic papers are published in journals. In the computer science domain, it is more common to publish papers in conference proceedings.

Only a certain percentage of paper submissions that are considered good quality (as judged by the peer reviews) are accepted for publication. Rejection of a paper typically requires you make revisions and submitting that paper to a different conference.

For top general conferences in the software engineering domain the acceptance rate is typically lower than 20% (this ratio used be even lower, close to 15%).

In my PhD, I had a very quick publication start -- in the first month, a paper about atomic upgrades for distributed systems was accepted that covered an important topic of my master's thesis.

Roughly half a year later, me and my co-workers published a research paper about the objectives of the Pull Deployment of Services (PDS) research project (in which my research was of the sub topics) funded by NWO/Jacquard.

Although I had a very good start, I slowly started to learn (the hard way) that you cannot simply publish research papers about all the work you do -- as a matter of fact, it only represents a modest sub set of your daily work.

To write a good research paper, it takes quite a bit of time and effort to decide about the topic (including the paper's title) and to get all the details right. I had all kinds of interesting ideas but many of these ideas were not considered novel -- they were interesting engineering efforts but they did not add interesting new (significant) scientific knowledge.

Moreover, in a research paper, you also need to put your contribution in context (e.g. explain/show how it compares to similar work and how it expands existing knowledge), and provide validation (this can be a proof, but in most cases you evaluate in what degree your contribution meets its claims, for example, by providing empirical data).

After instant acceptance of the first two papers, things did not work out that smoothly anymore. I had several paper rejections in a row -- one paper was badly rejected because I did not put it into the right context (for example, I ignored some important related work) and I did not make my contribution very clear (I basically left it open to the interpretation of the reader, which is a bad thing).

Fortunately, I learned a lot from this rejection. The reviewers even suggested me an alternative conference where I could submit my revised paper to. After addressing the reviewers' criticisms, the paper got accepted.

Another paper was rejected twice in a row for IMO very weak reasons. Most notably, it turned out that many reviewers believed that the subject was not really software engineering related (which is strange, because software deployment is explicitly listed as one of the subjects in the conference's call for papers).

When I explained this peculiarity to Eelco Visser (one of my supervisors and co-promotor), he suggested that I should have more frequent interaction with the scientific community and write about the subject on my blog. Software deployment is generally a neglected subject in the software engineering research community.

Eventually, we have managed to publish the problematic papers (one is about Disnix, the tool implementation of my research) and the other about the testing aspect of the previously rejected paper.

After that problematic period, I have managed to publish two more papers that got instantly accepted bringing me to all kinds of interesting conferences.

The decision to start my blog


Although having a 3 paper acceptance streak and traveling to the conferences to present them felt nice for a while, I still was not too happy.

In late 2010, one day before new years eve (I typically reflect over things in the past year at new year's eve) I realized that research papers alone is just a very narrow representation of the work that I do as a researcher (although the amount of papers and their impact are typically used as the only metric to judge the performance of a researcher).

In addition to getting research papers accepted and doing the required writing, there is much more that the work of an academic researcher (and in particular the software engineering domain) is about:

  • Research in software engineering is about constructing tools. For example, the paper: Research Paradigms in Computer Science' by Peter Wegner from Brown University says:

    Research in engineering is directed towards the efficient accomplishment of specific tasks and towards the development of tools that will enable classes of tasks to be accomplished more efficiently.

    In addition to the problems that tools try solve or optimize, the construction of these tools is typically also very challenging, similar to conventional software development projects.

    Although the construction aspects of tools may not always be novel and too detailed for a research paper (that typically has a page limit), it is definitely useful to work towards a good and stable design and implementation. Writing about these aspects can be very useful for yourself, your colleagues and peers in the field.

    Moreover, having a tool that is usable and works also mattered to me and to the people in my research group. For example, my deployment research was built on top of the Nix package manager, that in addition to research, was also used to solve our internal deployment problems.

  • I did not completely start all the development work of my tooling from scratch -- I was building my deployment tooling on top of the Nix package manager that was both a research project, and an open source project (more accurately called a community project) with a small group of external contributors.

    (As a sidenote: the Nix package manager was started by Eelco Dolstra who was a Postdoc in the same research project and one my university supervisors).

    I considered my blog a good instrument to communicate with the Nix community about ideas and implementation aspects.
  • Research is also about having frequent interaction with your peers that work for different universities, companies and/or research institutes.

    A research paper is useful to get feedback, but at the same time, it is also quite an inaccessible medium -- people can obtain a copy from publishers (typically behind a paywall) or from your personal homepage and communicate by e-mail, but the barrier is typically high.
  • I was also frequently in touch with software engineering practitioners, such as former study friends, open source communities and people from our research project's industry partner: Philips Healthcare.

    I regularly received all kinds of interesting questions related to the practical aspects of my work. For example, how to apply our research tools to industry problems or how our research tools compare to conventional tools.

    Not all of these questions can be transformed into research papers, but were definitely useful to investigate and write about.
  • Being in academia is more than just working on publications. You also travel to conferences, get involved in all kinds of different (and sometimes related) research subjects of your colleagues and peers and you may also help in teaching. These subjects are also worth writing about.

Because of the above reasons, I was finally convinced that the time was right to start my blog.

The beginning: catching up with my research papers


Since I was already working on my PhD research for more than 2 years, there was still a lot of catching up I had to do. It did not make sense to just randomly start writing about something technical or research related. Basically, I wanted all information on my blog "to fit together".

For the first half year, my blog was basically about writing things down I had already done and published about.


After my blog announcement, I started explaining what the Pull Deployment of Services research project is about, then explaining the Nix package manager that serves as the fundamental basis of all the deployment tooling that I was developing, followed by NixOS, a Linux distribution that is entirely managed by the Nix package manager that can be deployed from a single declarative specification.

The next blog post was about declarative deployment and testing with NixOS. It was used as an ingredient for a research paper that already got published, and a talk with the same title for FOSDEM: the free and open source's European meeting in Brussels. Writing about the subject on my blog was a useful preparation session for my talk.

After giving my talk at FOSDEM, there was more catching up work to do. After explaining the basic Nix concepts, I could finally elaborate about Disnix, the tool I have been developing as part of my research that uses Nix to extend deployment to the domain of service-oriented systems.

After writing about the self-adaptive deployment framework built on top of Disnix (I have submitted my paper at the beginning that year, and it got accepted shortly before writing the corresponding blog post), I was basically up-to-date with all research aspects.

Using my blog for research


After my catch up phase was completed, I could finally start writing about things that were not directly related to any research papers already written in the past.

One of the things I have been struggling with for a while was making our tools work with .NET technology. The Nix package manager (and sister projects, such as Disnix) were primarily developed for UNIX-like operating systems (most notably Linux) and technologies that run on these operating systems.

Our industry partner: Philips Healthcare, mostly uses Microsoft technologies in their development stack ranging from .NET as a runtime, C# for coding, SQL server for storage, and IIS as web server.

At that time, .NET was heavily tied to the Windows eco-system (Mono already existed that provided a somewhat compatible runtime for other operating systems than Windows, but it did not provide compatible implementations of all libraries to work with the Philips platform).

With some small modifications, I could use Nix on Cygwin to build .NET projects. However, running .NET applications that rely on shared libraries (called library assemblies in .NET terminology) was still a challenge. I could only provide a number of very sub optimal solutions, of which none was ideal.

I wrote about it on my blog, and during my trip to ICSE 2011 in Hawaii I learned from a discussion with a co-attendee that you could also use an event listener that triggers when a library assembly is missing. The reflection API can be used in this event handler to load these missing assemblies, making it possible to efficiently solve my dependency problem making it possible to use both Nix and Disnix to deploy .NET services on Windows without any serious obstacles.


I have also managed to discuss one of my biggest frustrations in the research community: the fact that software deployment is a neglected subject. Thanks to spreading the blog post on Twitter (that in turn got retweeted by all kinds of people in the research community) it attracted quite a few visitors and a large number helpful comments. I even got in touch with a company that develops a software deployment automation solution as their main product.

Another investigation that I did as part of my blog (without publishing in mind) was addressing a common criticism from various communities, such as the Debian community, that Nix would not qualify itself as a viable package management solution because it does not comply to the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS).

I also did a comparison with the deployment properties of GoboLinux, another Linux distribution that deliberately deviates from the FHS to show that a different filesystem organisation has clear benefits for making deployments more reliable and reproducible. The GoboLinux blog post appeared on Reddit (both the NixOS and Linux channels) and attracted quite a few visitors.

From these practical investigations I wrote a blog post that draws some general conclusions.

Reaching the end of my PhD research


After an interesting year, both from a research and blogging perspective, I was reaching the final year of my PhD research (in the Netherlands, a contract of a PhD student is typically only valid for 4 years).

I had already slowly started with writing my PhD thesis, but there was still some unfinished business. There were four (!!!) more research ideas that I wanted to publish about (which was retrospectively looking, a very overambitious goal).

One of these papers was a collaboration project in which we combined our knowledge about software deployment and construction with license compliance engineering to determine which source files are actually used in a binary so that we could detect whether it meets the terms and conditions of free and open-source licenses.

Although our contribution looked great and we were able to detect a compliance issue in FFmpeg, a widely used open source project, the paper was rejected twice in a row. The second time the reviews were really vague and not helpful at all. One of my co-authors called the reviewers extremely incompetent.

After the second rejection, I was (sort of) done with it and extremely disappointed. I did not even want to revise it and submit it anywhere else. Nonetheless, I have published the paper as a technical report, reported about it on my blog, and added it as a chapter to my PhD thesis.

(As a sidenote: more than 2 years later, we did another attempt to resurrect the paper. The revisions were quite a bit of work, but the third version finally got accepted at ASE 2014: one of the top general conferences in the software engineering domain.

This was a happy moment for me -- I was so disappointed about the process, and I was happy to see that there were people who could motivate and convince me that we should not give up).

Another research idea was formalizing infrastructure deployment. Sadly, the idea was not really considered novel -- it was mostly just an incremental improvement over our earlier work. As a result, I got two paper rejections in a row. After the second rejection, I have abolished the idea to publish about it, but I still wrote a chapter about it in my PhD thesis.

All the above rejections (and the corresponding reviews) really started to negatively impact my motivation. I wrote two blog posts about my observations: one blog post was about a common reason for rejecting a paper: the complaint that a contribution is engineering, but not science (which is quite weird for research in software engineering). Another blog post was about the difficulties in connecting academic research with software engineering practice. From my experiences thus far, I concluded that there is a huge gap between the two.

Fortunately, I still managed to gather enough energy to finish my third idea. I already had a proof-of-concept implementation for managing state of services deployed by Disnix for a while. By pulling out a few all nighters, I managed to write a research paper (all by myself) and submitted it to HotSWUp 2012. That paper got instantly accepted, which was a good boost for my motivation.

In the last few months, the only thing I could basically do is finishing up my PhD thesis. To still keep my blog somewhat active, I have written a number of posts about my conference experiences.


Although I already had a very early proof-of-concept implementation, I never managed to finish my fourth research paper idea. This was not a problem for finishing my PhD thesis as I already had enough material to complete it, but still I consider it one the more interesting research ideas that I never got to finish. As of today, I still have not finished or published about it (neither on my blog or in a research paper).

Leaving academia, working for industry


A couple of weeks before my contract with the university was about to expire, I finished the first draft of my PhD thesis and submitted it to the reading committee for review.

Although the idea of having an academic research career crossed my mind several times, I ultimately decided that this was not something I wanted to pursue, for a variety of reasons. Most notably, the discrepancy between topics suitable for publishing and things that could be applied in practice was one of the major reasons.

All that was left was looking for a new job. After an interesting job searching month I joined Conference Compass, a startup company that consisted of fewer than 10 people when I joined.

One of the interesting technical challenges they were facing was setting up a product-line for their mobile conference apps. My past experience with deployment technologies turned out to come in quite handy.

The Nix project did not disappear after all involved people in the PDS project left the university (besides me, Eelco Dolstra (the author of the Nix package manager) and Rob Vermaas also joined an industrial company) -- the project moved to GitHub, increasing its popularity and the number of contributors.

The fact that the Nix project continued and that blogging had so many advantages for me personally, I decided to resume my blog. The only thing that changed is that my blog was no longer in service of a research project, but just a personal means to dive into technical subjects.

Reintroducing Nix to different audiences


Almost at the same time that the Nix project moved to GitHub, the GNU Guix project was announced: GNU Guix is a package manager with similar objectives to the Nix package manager, but with some notable differences too: instead of the Nix expression language, it uses Scheme as a configuration language.

Moreover, the corresponding software packages distribution: GuixSD, exclusively provides free software.

GNU Guix reuses the Nix daemon, and related components such as the Nix store from the Nix package manager to organize and isolate software packages.

I wrote a comparison blog post, that was posted on Reddit and Hackernews attracting a huge number of visitors. The amount of visitors was several orders of magnitude higher than all the blog posts I have written before that. As of today, this blog post is still in my overall top 10.

One of the things I did in the first month at Conference Compass is explaining the Nix package manager to my colleagues who did not have much system administration experience or knowledge about package managers.

I have decided to use a programming language-centered Nix explanation recipe, as opposed to a system administration-centered explanation. In many ways, I consider this explanation recipe the better of the three that I wrote.

This blog post also got posted on Reddit and Hackernews attracting a huge number of visitors. In only one month, with two blog posts, I attracted more visitors to my blog than all my previous blog posts combined.

Developing an app building infrastructure



As explained earlier, Conference Compass was looking into developing a product-line for mobile conference apps.

I did some of the work in the open, by using a variety of tools from the Nix project and making contributions to the Nix project.

I have packaged many components of the Android SDK and developed a function abstraction that automatically builds Android APKs. Similarly, I also built a function for iOS apps (that works both with the simulator and real devices), and for Appcelerator Titanium: a JavaScript-based cross platform framework allowing you target a variety of mobile platforms including Android and iOS.

In addition to the Nix-based app building infrastructure, I have also described how you can set up Hydra: a Nix-based continuous integration service to automatically build mobile apps and other software projects.

It turns out that in addition to ordinary software projects, Hydra also works well for distributing bleeding edge builds of mobile apps -- for example, you can use your phone or tablet's web browser to automatically download and install any bleeding edge build that you want.

The only thing that was a bit of a challenge was distributing apps to iOS devices with Hydra, but with some workarounds that was also possible.

I have also developed a Node.js package to conveniently integrate custom application with Hydra.

Finishing up my PhD and defending my thesis



Although I left academia, the transition to industry was actually very gradual -- as explained earlier, while being employed at Conference Compass, I still had to finish and defend my PhD thesis.

Several weeks before my planned defence date, I received feedback from my reading committee about my draft that I finished in my last month at the university. This was a very stressful period -- in addition to making revisions to my PhD thesis, I also had to arrange the printing and the logistics of the ceremony.

I also wrote three more blog posts about my thesis and the defence process: I provided a summary of my PhD thesis as a blog post, I wrote about the defence ceremony, and about my PhD thesis propositions.

Writing thesis propositions is also a tradition in the Netherlands. Earlier that year, my former colleague Felienne Hermans decided to blog and tweet about her PhD thesis propositions, and I did the same thing.

PhD thesis propositions are typically not supposed to have a direct relationship to your PhD thesis, but they should be defendable. In addition to your thesis, the committee members are also allowed to ask you questions about your propositions.

The blog post about my PhD thesis propositions (as of today) still regularly attracts visitors. The amount of visitors of this blog post heavily outnumbers the summary blog post about my PhD thesis.

In addition to my PhD thesis, there were more interesting post-academia research events: a journal paper submission finally got officially published (4 years after submitting the first draft!) and we have managed to get our paper about discovering license compliance inconsistencies accepted at ASE 2014, that was previously rejected twice.

Learning Node.js and more about JavaScript



In addition to the app building infrastructure at Conference Compass, I have also spend considerable amounts of time learning things about Node.js and its underlying concepts: the asynchronous event loop. Although I already had some JavaScript programming experience, all my knowledge thus far was limited to the web browser.

I learned about all kinds of new concepts, such as callbacks (and function-level scoping), promises, asynchronous programming (in general) and mixing callbacks with promises. Moreover, I also learned that (despite my earlier experiences in the concepts of programming languages course) working with prototypes in JavaScript was more difficult than expected. I have decided to address my earlier shortcomings in my teachings with a blog post.

With Titanium (the cross-platform mobile app development framework that uses JavaScript as an implementation language), beyond regular development work, I investigated how we can port a Node.js-based XMPP library to Titanium and how we can separate concerns well enough to make a simple, reliable chat application.

Building a service management platform and implementing major Disnix improvements


At Conference Compass, somewhere in the middle of 2013, we decided to shift away from a single monolithic backend application for all our apps, to a more modular approach in which each app has their own backend and their own storage.

After a couple of brief experiments with Heroku, we shifted to a Nix-based approach in mid 2014. NixOps was used to automatically deploy virtual machines in the cloud (using Amazon's EC2 service), and Disnix became responsible for deploying all services to these virtual machines.

In the Nix community, there was quite a bit of confusion about these two tools, because both use the Nix package manager and are designed for distributed deployment. I wrote a blog post to explain in what ways they are similar and different.

Over the course of 2015, most of my company work was concentrated on the service management platform. In addition to automating the deployment of all machines and services, I also implemented the following functionality:



In late 2015, the first NixCon conference was organized, in which I gave a presentation about Disnix and explained how it can be used for the deployment of microservices. I received all kinds of useful feedback that I implemented in the first half of 2016:


Over time, I did many more interesting Disnix developments:


Furthermore, the Dynamic Disnix framework (an extension toolset that I developed for a research paper many years ago), also got all kinds of updates. For example, it was extended to automatically assign TCP/UDP port numbers and to work with state migrations.

While working on the service management platform, five new Disnix versions were released (the first was 0.3, the last 0.8). I wrote a blog post for the 0.5 release that explains all previously released versions, including the first two prototype iterations.

Brief return to web technology


As explained in the introduction, I already had the idea to start my blog while I was still actively doing web development.

At some point I needed to make some updates to web applications that I had developed for my voluntary work that still use pieces of my old custom web framework.

I already release some pieces (most notably the layout manager) of it on my GitHub page as a side project, but at some point I have also decided to release the remainder of the components.


I also wrote a blog post about my struggles composing a decent layout and some pointers on "rational" layout decisions.

Working on Nix generators


In addition to JavaScript development at Conference Compass, I was also using Nix-related tools for automating deployments of Node.js projects.

Eventually, I created node2nix to make deployments with the NPM package manager possible in Nix expressions (at the time this was already possible with npm2nix, but node2nix was developed to address important shortcomings of npm2nix, such as circular dependencies).

Over time, I faced many more challenges that were node2nix/NPM related:


When I released my custom web framework I also did the same for PHP. I have created composer2nix to allow PHP composer projects to be deployed with the Nix package manager.

In addition to building these generators, I also heavily invested in working towards identifying common concepts and implementation decisions for both node2nix and composer2nix.

Both tools use an internal DSL to generate Nix expressions (NiJS for JavaScript, and PNDP for PHP) as opposed to using strings.

Both tools implement a domain model (that is close to NPM and composer concepts) that get translated to an object structure in the Nix expression language with a generic translation strategy.

Joining Mendix, working on Nix concepts and improvements


Slightly over 2 years ago I joined Mendix, a company that develops a low-code application development platform and related services.

While I was learning about Mendix, I wrote a blog post that explains its basic concepts.

In addition, as a crafting project, I also automated the deployment of Mendix applications with Nix technologies (and even wrote about it on the public Mendix blog).


While learning about the Mendix cloud deployment platform, I also got heavily involved in documenting its architecture. I wrote a blog post about my practices (the notation that I used was inspired by the diagrams that I generate with Disnix). I even implemented some of these ideas in the Dynamic Disnix toolset.

When I just joined Mendix, I was mostly learning about the company and their development stack. In my spare time, I made quite a few random Nix contributions:


Furthermore, I made some structural Disnix improvements as well:


Side projects



In addition to all the major themes above, there are also many in between projects and blog posts about all kinds of random subjects.

For example, one of my long-running side projects is the IFF file format experiments project (a container file format commonly used on the Commodore Amiga) that I already started in the middle of my PhD.

In addition to the viewer, I also developed a hacky Nix function to build software projects on AmigaOS, explained how to emulate the Amiga graphics modes, ported the project to SDL 2.0, and to Visual Studio so that it could run on Windows.

I also wrote many general Nix-related blog posts between major projects, such as:


And covered developer's cultural aspects, such as my experiences with Agile software development and Scrum, and developer motivation.

Some thoughts


In this blog post, I have explained my motivation for starting my blog 10 years ago, and covered all the major projects I have been working including most of the blog posts that I have written.

If you are a PhD student or a more seasoned researcher, then I would definitely encourage you to start a blog -- it gave me the following benefits:

  • It makes your job much more interesting. All aspects of your research and teaching get attention, not just the papers, that typically only reflect over a modest sub set of your work.
  • It is a good and more accessible means to get frequent interaction with peers, practitioners, and outsiders who might have an interest in your work.
  • It improves your writing skills, which is also useful for writing papers.
  • It helps me to structure my work, by working on focused goals one at the time. You can use some of these pieces as ingredient for a research paper and/or your PhD thesis.
  • It may attract more visitors than research papers.

About the last benefit: in academia, there all kinds of metrics to measure the impact of a researcher, such as the G-index, and H-index. These metrics are sometimes taken very seriously, for example, by organizations that decide whether you can get a research grant or not.

To give you a comparison: my most "popular" research paper titled: "Software deployment in a dynamic cloud: From device to service orientation in a hospital environment" was only downloaded (at the time of writing this blog post) 625 times from the ACM digital library and 240 times from IEEE Xplore. According to Google Scholar, it got 28 citations.

My most popular blog post (that I wrote as an ingredient for my PhD research) is: On Nix, NixOS and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) that attracted 5654 views, which is several orders of magnitude higher than my most popular research paper. In addition, I wrote several more research-related blog posts that got a comparable number of views, such as the blog post about my PhD thesis propositions.

After completing my PhD research, I wrote blog posts that attracted even several orders of magnitude more visitors than the two blog posts mentioned above.

(As a sidenote: I personally am not a big believer in the relevance of these numbers. What matters to me is the quality of my work, not quantity).

Regularly writing for yourself as part of your job is not an observation that is unique to me. For example, the famous computer scientist Edsger Dijkstra, wrote more than 1300 manuscripts (called EWDs) about topics that he considered important, without publishing in mind.

In EWD 1000, he says:

If there is one "scientific" discovery I am proud of, it is the discovery of the habit of writing without publication in mind. I experience it as a liberating habit: without it, doing the work becomes one thing and writing it down becomes another one, which is often viewed as an unpleasant burden. When working and writing have merged, that burden has been taken away.

If you feel hesitant to start your blog, he says the following about a writer's block:

I only freed myself from that writer's block by the conscious decision not to write for a target audience but to write primarily to please myself.

For software engineering practitioners (which I effectively became after leaving academia) a blog has benefits too:

  • I consider good writing skills important for practitioners as well, for example to write specifications, API documentation, other technical documentation and end-user documentation. A blog helps you developing them.
  • Structuring your thoughts and work is also useful for software development projects, in particular free and open source projects.
  • It is also a good instrument to get in touch with development and open source communities. In addition to the Nix community, I also got a bit of attention in the Titanium community (with my XMPP library porting project), the JavaScript community (for example, with my blog post about prototypes) and more recently: the InfluxData community (with my monitoring playground project).

Concluding remarks


In this blog post, I covered most of my blog post written in the last decade, but I did not elaborate much about 2020. Since 2020 is a year that will definitely not go unnoticed in the history books, I will write (as an exception) an annual reflection over 2020 tomorrow.

Moreover, after browsing over all my blog posts since the beginning of my blog, I also realized that it is a bit hard to find relevant old information.

To alleviate that problem, I have reorganized/standardized all my labels so that you can more easily search on subjects. On my homepage, I have added an overview of all labels that I am currently using.

No comments:

Post a Comment